Sunday, August 29, 2010

20

So today, I am officially 20 weeks along; I am at the halfway point in my pregnancy. There is a lot of excitement in knowing that I am already half way there, but there is also some anxiety in knowing that I have half way to go. To be totally honest, pregnancy is not my favorite thing in the world. Don't get me wrong, it is SO worth it in the end, and even though I haven't met him yet I am totally in love with this little baby that I am carrying.


Sometimes I find myself wondering why it is that God created us to carry our children in our womb for 9 months. Did you know that the gestational period for a rat is 22 days? And the gestational period for elephants is 22 months…that’s almost 2 YEARS! This week Wyatt is about 10 inches long and weighs about 10 &1/2 ounces. Just in the last 2 weeks I have really started to feel him move…I am well past feeling only flutters. I can actually feel the boy kick! I think that maybe God gives us this time to bond with our child. Could you imagine if pregnancy only lasted 22 days? It would be over before you ever got to enjoy being excited. The kicks would start and then it would be over. There would be no time to ponder about what your child will look like, they would already be there… and how on earth would you get everything ready??? One day you’d be skinny, and the next you’d be huge (What a funny thought!)…Or what if pregnancy lasted 22 months? Let’s face it, we would all die. Whatever the reason is, I know that God created it to be this way because He knew it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment