Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ahhh...(a sigh of relaxation)

So Cady and I just had 3 wonderful days with her daddy! It's very strange to have Jake off during the weekdays, but it does allow us to get a lot done and go places during slow business hours. That is really nice. This week we were able to spend most of that time at home, which I know allows Jake to get more rest. I think he took a nap every day (and they were well deserved!).

On Tuesday morning, Jake and I spent some time outside working in the yard. We noticed that some of of the grass didn't look like it was getting enough water so we wanted to see if some of the sprinkler heads needed adjusting. I hadn't planned on getting all wet, but while I was trying to get one of the sprinkler heads unclogged, I accidentally unscrewed the whole thing and water shot everywhere! It was a mess. Since I was already wet, I thought Cady might have fun playing in the sprinklers too. So, we set her in the yard and let her check them out.

By the time we were finished fixing the sprinklers and Cady was all done playing we were all soaked! It was tons of fun!

That afternoon we took Cady to the mall to buy her first pair of shoes! It was very exciting! I know that she's not quite walking yet, but she wants to get down and stand all the time. Usually I take her everywhere barefoot, but all the germs on the floor of the Dr.'s office, WalMart, the grocery store, etc. totally gross me out. So, I decided that shoes were the way to go. I think that I went and pre-looked at every store around, there is just not that good of a selection around here. It made me miss "the Dirty-J" where there were 3 huge malls and a set of outlets all within 45 minutes of where we lived...
Anyway we ended up with...
the cutest little pair of pink Converse! They are absolutely adorable!

Yesterday was just a day of relaxation! It was WONDERFUL! For the first time since I became a mom I went and got a pedicure all by myself. It was so relaxing and so worth the $20!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pink shoes!! Very cute and stylish!! I love getting pedicures. Jason has spoiled me with watching her several times to go enjoy one!!

    ReplyDelete