Tuesday, August 3, 2010

10 months!!!

Today, Cady is 10 months old!!!
She is such a sweetie! I can't believe that it has already been so long that she has been in my life. But I am so glad! I praise the Lord for such and amazing and wonderful blessing!

This weekend we went to Dallas to visit some family. Since there were several of us going we decided to take 2 cars down, so my MIL, SIL, Cady and I headed down early and then the boys loaded up and came later in the day. On our way down we got into a little fender bender :( When traffic came to a screeching halt, the guy behind me didn't see my brake lights until he was about 6" from the bumper...Bang! Anyhoo, not really what you want on a trip, but I have to tell you that God was totally there. We are going to take the Sequoia and have it looked at just to make sure there is no structural damage to the car, but really all I lost was a little paint. He (the guy who hit us) lost half his bumper. It was like God pushed the guy's van down until it perfectly lined up with the trailer hitch on my car. And then the guy got out, and his biggest concern was that we were all okay. and he apologized over and over. THEN the cop came like 20 minutes later, so it was really fast, and he was really nice too. So overall, not bad for a wreck! I mean I don't want to do it again, but it was all just another example of the goodness of God and how he takes care of his people!

The weekend with family was WONDERFUL! We had a really good time. Very little sleep, but a great time. On Sat we headed to Canton to Canton Days. Let me make a recommendation to anyone out there... Don't go in July/Aug when it is 102 degrees!!! It was hot! we all sweat! and it was hard to enjoy looking at all the neat stuff, because it was SOOOOOOOOOOO HOT! Cady was such a little trooper though! I am amazed by her patience with us! If I was her I would have been throwing a fit, but she didn't! We did finally find her some A/C though! That was a blessing for all of us =)
I think I probably gained 12 pounds over the weekend with all the good food. I am nervous to go to the doc next week  and see the damage done. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment