Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It's a...

Soooooo, today we went to the doctor. I love sonogram/ultrasound days. I find myself in constant awe at the tiny pictures on the monitor. Little feet, little hands. It's amazing that this early in pregnancy you can even see the structure of the face and the beginnings what your child will one day look like. Everything on the ultrasound looked great. Watching all 4 chambers of the little heart beat reminds me of the mightiness of our Creator. I am so glad that everything looked and sounded good.

Over the weekend Jake and I headed to the Guadalupe to go float. This is the first float trip ever that I didn't get bumps and bruises. I don't know how I managed it, but I sure am glad. We had a great time visiting with all Jake's friends from college. It's amazing how when you start getting a little older that NO ONE wants to stay up all night. I really like that! Everyone was really sweet and considerate of me since I was the pregnant lady. It was really fun!

Cadence began taking steps yesterday. She took 7 in a row, it was amazing! I couldn't believe it. I didn't think she would even try for another month or 2. I spent the rest of the day trying to convince her to do it again... it didn't happen. She can stand there, not holding on, for a really long time. But instead of walking, she wants to sit down and crawl. If you won't let her she will take a step and then fall forward or backward laughing because she knows I'm going to catch her. What a stinker.

For some reason She has become fascinated with the little cable connector thing that sticks out of the wall in the living room. Yesterday she got in BIG trouble (as big as it can get at 10 months) because she wouldn't listen to her daddy when he told her not to touch it. Jake and I think that she might be a little confused. When Jake told her no, he raised his voice a little, told her no and squeezed her hand. Since then, when she wants to touch it, she shakes her hand at it and yells! Maybe she thought Jake was telling the plug "no"???

Oh, yea! So in January, we are expecting Wyatt Reed Hamilton! That's right, IT'S A BOY!!! We're pretty excited to be adding another BOY to a line of great men! =)

3 comments:

  1. How exciting!!! A new boy in the neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brianne heard from your mom at church!! So excited for y'all!!

    ReplyDelete