Sunday, August 22, 2010

More stuff

Cadence will be a year old 6 weeks from today. I could almost cry just thinking about it. Where did a year go? She is getting so big so fast. She is trying to walk a little more now, her fine motor skills are getting a little better everyday and she is using words! Words! I mean only one at a time, but words!

On Thursday I went to the Pregnancy Help Center (of the Concho Valley) for a meeting. If you don't know much about it you can check out their site at: www.pregnancyhelpcenter.net/. They are really an AMAZING organization centered around Christ and and saving innocent lives. Anyhoo, they are having a benefit fundraiser in September and I get to go! I am so excited!!! They are having an amazing speaker and it's a chance to really give back to an amazing cause. At the meeting they talked to us about the center, the benefit, and then we did a prayer walk. They moved into a new building earlier this year, and the story behind it is TOTALLY a GOD thing! So, they asked each person there to pray around the building. They had little notes posted at the door to every room asking for prayer for specific things in that room! SO COOL! Anyway, my favorite room was the sonogram/ultrasound room. They said that it was the most powerful room in the whole building because it is there that people SEE life, and many make the choice to keep the baby! Amazing!

Saturday I made the mistake of making a Target run! I try to avoid tax free weekend like I try to avoid shopping in December, but I really needed to get garbage bags and diapers. There were people everywhere. It was insane! Next year I will have to plan better!!! If anyone went, I hope you survived!


Jake worked this whole weekend. It's really not my favorite thing, but I do like that on Sat. and Sun. he is able to come home for lunch. It's really nice to get to spend a little time together as a family, even if it is just 30 or 45 minutes. Plus, that way is a guarantee that Jake gets to see Cadence awake that day! Of coarse I always make us a gourmet meal of sandwiches with a side of amazing chips and perhaps a pickle. lol

Last night I seasoned up some tilapia and grilled it with some veggies. It was SO good. Then, since I was trying to stick with the healthy meal options, for dessert we had cheese fondue. Bahahaha! Okay, so I killed it with the cheese fondue, but it was sooo worth it! Plus we needed to practice because last time we totally messed it up.

I don't know if you can tell, but I am in the food stage of my pregnancy..I love me some food! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment