Friday, September 3, 2010

Title-less

I am really having a hard time. I can’t decide if I am just overly hormonal (entirely possible) or if God is just really working on me this week. There have been a lot of things that are happening in other people’s lives that just make me sad. I mean not things that they are doing, but rather things they are having to go through. I can’t help but wonder why? I look at my life and see God’s blessings all around and I ask, “Lord, why is it me that you are choosing to bless?” I know that sometimes the struggles in our lives really are God’s blessing, it just takes us a while to see it sometimes. I just feel like maybe it’s someone else’s turn to see the goodness of God in their life…You know, like share the wealth.


We now call Cady “Nosey Nancy”! She is such a nosey little girl. She stares at people where ever we go. Yesterday she turned all the way around in her high chair at Olive Garden to watch the people behind us eat. Thankfully they were really sweet and talked to her and waved. But she stared at them until they left… Here is a picture of our nosey little girl watching her daddy under the bathroom door…



And here she is wanting to know what I'm doing on the computer...
Wednesday morning when I got up with Cady at 6ish, I was pretty sure that I wasn’t going to make it through the day. The night before was pretty rough. Cady started getting a little bit of a runny nose Tuesday afternoon, then by that night she was running a low-grade fever. She went to sleep night at about 8:30 (about an hour earlier than normal), and then proceeded to wake up every 45 minutes to an hour after that… needless to say, it was a long night! I put her in bed with us once hoping that it might get me a few hours, but about 5 minutes later I heard a “SLAP” and Jake moan… Evidently she slapped him in the face while she was flopping around; oops. At first I couldn’t decide if Cadence was teething or getting a cold. The symptoms are so much alike! Finally this morning she sneezed, and green boogies came out. I’ve now determined that she has a cold. She really has been such a sweet girl through it all.

I guess that I didn’t tell you in my last post that Jake got moved back to a normal schedule. HALELUIA (can you hear the choir sing it???) I am so excited! Praise God for answered prayers. He is back working Monday thru Friday. He still has to go in pretty early, but he’s getting back home at around 6 or so each night. It’s SO much better! YAY!!!


Yesterday I went to the chiropractor. I have been having a lot of pain in my hips recently. It actually started when I was prego with Cady, and never really went away. It is already affecting my sleep and I figure that I still have 4 ½ months to go. If it continues to get worse, I won’t be able to walk by December… It was a really good experience. I have had a dull head ache for the last 2 days and as soon as he adjusted me it went away. Plus, he really seemed to think that he would be able to help with my hips… I’m pretty pumped! When I was talking to Jake about it he said, “So, did he nail a dead chicken to the wall before he started?” hahaha- yea, not funny. My husband is convinced that Chiropractics are pretty much voodoo, I however disagree. I’m just hoping for some nights of better rest. If I can get that, it was well worth the time 

This morning is was SOOOO beautiful! Cady and I sat out on the back porch for a little while and just enjoyed the cooler weather. Everything looks greener that it did yesterday and people are much happier around town! It’s amazing what a little rain can do!

Okay, I’ll shut up for now! Until we talk again… Oh, if you get a few extra minutes, could you leave a comment and tell me how you’ve seen God’s blessings in your life recently??? That would be really great! Thanks!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nicole!! I just love the picture of Cady looking up while your on the computer!! It is so funny the stages they go through!!

    I feel the same way about being blessed; somedays it hits me harder than others!! I am in awe of what God has done in my life, and yet don't understand so many other things in my small little world of people.....


    I am blessed by great friends!! Like you!!

    Also, I am in the MOPS (mother of preschoolers) group at Glen Meadows. It meet every other Friday morning for 2 hours. I did it last year, and enjoyed having some mommy time. Didn't know if you would be interested, you may have a lot on your plate right now. Just let me know if you are.

    ReplyDelete