Saturday, September 18, 2010

We're still here

Well… It seems like it has been a while since I have filled you all in on the goings on of Team Hamilton. I know that there has been a LOT going on, and yet somehow now that I have time to write, it escapes me.


Jake has been working like a crazy person, and sometimes it drives ME crazy! He was been “on call” last week and was called in almost every day. I feel so bad for him! Every time he made plans to go dove hunting, and was about to head out the door his pager wuold go off and he had to go in. Last Tuesday he got paged at 2:30 am. When he called to see what was going on the guy said that he was just paging to let Jake know they might be paging him to come in later…that’s swell, thanks for the heads up AT 2 IN THE MORNING!!!

While Jake has been busy with work, Cady and I are finding ways to keep our schedule full too. We are working on getting all the supplies together for her birthday! It is so exciting. Jake said that it’s silly how pumped up I am about Cadences 1st Birthday Party… Oh well, your baby only turns 1 once! We have decided that this time we are going to have a family party. Cady is having a little stranger anxiety these days, so having a house full of people she doesn’t know might not be the best idea. It will be pretty small, but I still want it to be special!!

- I am also working on a few projects. Right now I am making Cadence a tutu to wear at her party (every birthday girl needs a special birthday party outfit!!!).

- I am also working on a new quilt/blanket for Cadence. It took me a while to get all of the material together and then get the squares cut out. Now I just need to get started sewing squares together. I REALLY hope that it comes out good! It will be a special present for her when she moves into her new room…which is another thing I am working on. We are going to give Cady a bigger room at the front of the house. I think she will sleep better because she won’t be able to hear all the goings on in the kitchen. Wyatt will get the little room, and the office will also be the guest bedroom. There is LOTS of rearranging to do.

- Mom is also helping me with curtains for the living room. Jake and I found some really nice fabric that goes perfectly with our couches and pillows. We were able to get a really good price, which is good because it is going to take the better part of 10 yards to cover the windows.

When I finish all this madness I will have to post pictures to show of my craftiness. I’m really excited. Crafty things usually do not fall in my line of gifts…

This past week Jake, Cady and I headed to College Station. Part of Jake’s job is to recruit Co-ops and full time employees at the College Engineering Fairs around Texas. While he worked (poor guy) Cadence and I Shopped like to crazy girls! It was lots of fun! We drove into Katy and went to a really big mall there where we hit up all the great baby clothing stores (Carters, Gap, Old Navy, Osh Kosh, etc) and then we did the serious shopping at Babies R Us. YAY! Pretty much, except for needing another crib, we are set for Wyatt’s arrival.

My mom had knee surgery yesterday. She is doing REALLY good. I must admit I'm suprised. I really thought she would have a tough time, especially at first. Shows what I know about how tough my momma is!
Then last night we headed out to Irion County to watch the mighty Hornets play...it was so good to see everyone..That's all I'm going to say about that ;)

Here are a few pics of our crazy days…


Being silly

Watching it rain

Our first piece of pizza...it was YUM!

After bath time (one of my favorite times!)

Eating.....everything! (Cady has 6 teeth now!
I can see where 7 and 8 are going to come up...
I hope they wait!)


This next week Jake will be in Germany ALL week... wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for getting crafty!! And getting to SHOP!!! You will have to show pics of the curtains and quilt, and room exchange, and birthday party!! WOW!! Y'all have alot going on; sounds very similiar to my life right now!! :)

    Your mom is tough; she stood up and sang at church sunday night!!

    Her pictures are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete