Thursday, September 30, 2010

AMAZING



Sorry this is sideways...not sure what happened. My little girl is walking around like crazy!!! I thought all 1st children walked late???


So Tuesday night was the Fund Raising Dinner for the Pregnancy Help Center of the Concho Valley. I've posted before a little about them. It was SOOOOO AWESOME! It began with a little meet and greet session. Then we sat down for dinner, and they told us more about the center. It is really such an amazing organization! I was very excited to get to be there this year! There was special music and our Guest Speaker was Star Parker. She is really amazing. She is currently running for Congress in California. Everything she had to say was funny, and convicting, and so on point. I was really amazed!!! I wish everyone could have been there. They also had a video storey about a family that the Pregnancy Help Center had helped. You know I sat there watching this video and this girl was talking about finding out she was pregnant when she was 3 months along. Her parents wanted her to have an abortion, and so she thought that's what she would do, until she saw the ultrasound and that there was life there. The verse they used for the evening was John 1:4 "In him was life; and the life was the light of men.". So I am listening to how this girl saw the life and decided she couldn't kill it. The story was good, really good, but it didn't really hit me until at the end of the story they introduced her...and in her arms she held  a beautiful week old baby girl. Proof of one life saved. I boo-hooed!
Wednesday my momma came over and helped me paint Wyatt's room. It is now green! It didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would, and it only took one coat! What a blessing.
Last night, we had a Birthday dinner for my niece, Rachel, who turned 11!!! OMGosh, she is getting so big. We had a wonderful meal and then the whole fam came over to my house and we had cupcakes! I had some candles in the cabinet, but no matches or lighter in the house. THANKFULLY we have really amazing neighbors who gladly let me borrow a lighter and told me to keep it so I can light candles Saturday for Cady's b-day!
My sis-in-law also came over and hung out with me for the night! It was so good to get to spend some good time together! We had a wonderful lunch at a local Mexican food restaurant (I can't remember what it was called). I'm definitely going to have those nachos again!
Tonight, we went to the Nature Center for Rachel's b-day party. There were TONS of little screaming 5th grade girls. Whew! Glad that it was short and sweet!!! One 5th grade girl = very sweet. Twelve 5th grade girls = more than this lady can handle!!! It makes me a little nervous knowing that one day it will be my little girl turning 12, those will be her friends, and when the party's over they will be coming home with me...


Craziness from this week...
 Before Cadence was born, some sweet, loving soul gave us this dirty little rocking horse.
Cady, LOVES it!
 She can get off all by herself...
 and it makes her very proud!

 This week I learned that my child is a magician!
I've been looking for this pair of nail clippers for 2 weeks. I looked everywhere! Under the furniture, in
our luggage, the bathrooms, Cadys room...
Then, one day I look down, and Cady has pulled them out of thin air and is eating them...

Here is my little stinker checking out one of her new b-day presents. Cady is going to get to face forward in the car starting on Sunday! I think she will really like being able to see. After lots, and lots of research I found that this seat has the highest safety and easy of use rating right now. It makes her look so little! It says is will hold a child up to 65lbs. I don't think Rachel weighs 65lbs and she's 11, so hopefully this will last a while!

Jake will be on his way home in the morning. I am SOOO glad! It looks like he is needed here at work right now, so he should be back for a week before they send him off to GA again. Praise God! I am constantly amazed how He takes care of me!

Cady's party is on Saturday! YAY! and she will officially be 1 year old on Sunday. Wow, God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment