Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Spiritual Conversations

As a Christian I am constantly looking to other Christians for guidance. I want to know what is going on in their world, what God is teaching them, where they have been, where they are going. I think it's important, these conversations. We can learn so many things from each other.

There is something so precious about hearing the testimonies of other believers. Not just, "I am so thankful to God because of the many people at church today". I mean I too am glad that so many people came to church, but what really pierces me is the real, difficult, learning experiences that Jesus is bring people through and what that person sees coming forth from that. It's just so precious. I'm not using that word meaning "cute"...I'm using it to mean "of great value".

One of the things I am struggling with right now is that there don't seem to be many people who have these conversations...at least not on a regular basis. I just wonder why? Recently when I have tried to have these conversations with other believers they QUICKLY changed the subject, or tried to correct me. It’s just so frustrating! If we, as Christians are seeking the Lord diligently then don’t we have much to share?

Every once in a while I hear or read the testimony of other believers and my heart just rejoices at the transparency that person was willing to have in that moment...something God called them to do, or a struggle He has brought them through, or has called them into. Jesus teaches me thorough others all the time. You can click here to see an amazing example that I read the other day.

I guess I’m bringing this up to tell you I’m about to take this blog to a whole new place. I still plan to share the silly stories and photos of my family. But greater than all that, I want you to know how Jesus is currently working on me and my family, and what we are doing to seek His face.

1 comment:

  1. That was an encouragement to me, and I cannot wait to read more about your spiritual journey!!

    ReplyDelete