Thursday, June 30, 2011

Excessive Kindness


I'm doing a study on Ruth. You know the book in the bible?  (Did I tell you this already?) Originally I was going to do the study, and then I wasn't, and then I was again. Anyway, so, I'm doing it. So far it has been pretty good. God has already been speaking to me. But today, today he smacked me hard!


So The reading for the day was Ruth 2:8-9 (yup, only those 2 verses). It's the part where Boaz gives Ruth the right to reap in the fields beside his maids and drink the water that his servants draw and bring to the fields. Then there was this Personal Response portion: "Briefly write about a time when someone treated you with excessive kindness or generosity."


I came up with one pretty quickly, and then continued to ponder... excessive kindness. After an hour of thinking I could only come up with one other time in my life where someone had truly shown me kindness in excess. And that's when the Holy Spirit really spoke to me.


I NEED TO BE MORE WILLING TO SHOW EXCESSIVE KINDNESS ON A REGULAR BASIS.
The kind of kindness and, or generosity that hurts to give. If I can only think of 2 times, how many people can't think of any?

1 comment:

  1. This breaks my heart and challenges me greatly. Thank you! I just love the spiritual things you are bringing to us (me). It really speaks me to me :)

    ReplyDelete