Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Catch-up

I got sick last week… It was the worst cold I can ever remember having. It made me hurt all over, I ran fever for several days, I got sick to my stomach, my throat was so sore that I couldn’t hardly eat, and it has lasted forever. It started last Friday (like 11 days ago) and at first wasn’t all that bad, but got worse everyday for the first 5 days. Wednesday I had to call Jake and ask him to come home from work. I felt terrible having to get him to come home, but I physically could not take care of the kids...it was awful! It's better, but I'm still feeling it today. Thankfully my sweet doc called me in something to help. She said I should feel better by tonight. FINALLY!
We cut Wyatt’s hair. Well that’s not really true – JAKE cut W’s hair. I held him and cried. It was time. SOMETHING needed to be done about his crazy “toupee look”. It was hard to watch that sweet little baby hair fall onto the vanity in our bathroom, so soft and fluffy. Is it against some unwritten parental law that you aren’t supposed to cut your children’s hair until they are “X” old? I hope not, because if there is, then we broke it. We still have not cut Cady’s hair…and I don’t plan to EVER! Here are the before and after of the cut.


I knew it was going to be short (he is a BOY after all) but I wasn’t thinking this short! He looks BIGGER now (I didn’t even know that was possible) and now that I have had a few days to adjust, I do think it looks better.
Sunday was Father’s Day… So we did it up right. I got up with the kids Saturday morning so that Jake could sleep in, and then when he woke up I made him the omelet he had asked for earlier in the week. Then Sunday morning Cady gave him his present –
a new travel coffee cup!
Then inside the cup was a set of hotel reservations and

a ticket the Rangers game for this coming weekend.
That’s right! We are giving Daddy the weekend off! The hope is that it will be a relaxing weekend with my dad and brother-in-law; kid and wife free. Wasn’t that nice of us??? Yea, I think so too. Especially since he is already going to be gone on business all week. I probably would have picked a different weekend to send him away if I'd have known in advance that he would be in North Carolina all week... Oh well.

 Here are a few more pics of what we've up to...



No comments:

Post a Comment