Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Quiet Moment

   I am sitting here having a quite moment. It's my first quiet moment in quite a while. Let me fill you in...

   Monday my dad had his surgery. As is common, his 9:30 a.m. surgery didn't actually begin until after lunch. But, you don't actually know it's going to start late until it does. So I got up and took Cady out to her Grandma and Pawpaw's so that she wouldn't have to sit in the hospital all day. After I ran her out there I headed up to the hospital. Just as I knew He would be, God was present through that whole day. Dad's surgery went really well. He was in and out in about 2 hours and we were able to see him that evening.
  
   Tuesday was a totally insane day. I took Cady to her Kids Day Out class, then headed to the hospital where Mom watched Wyatt for me while I went to my doctor's appointment. After my appointment and a little procedure, I headed back to the hospital to pick Wyatt up and check on Dad. I met my Mother-in-law back at my house (My Sweet, sweet, sweet, MIL not only took care of Cady all day Monday, but she also was a huge help and picked Cady up from school!) Then, yesterday evening the kids and I headed back up to the hospital to check on Dad. (I know it's insane to go 3 times, but it's all I can do! I can't help in the surgery, I can't help with pain, I can't help with healing. All I can do is pray and visit!!) T,A,R,L,A met us up there and then we went to eat. After that I looped back by the hospital to drop off something for mom. Jesus, was SO sweet to me; even though it was a crazy day it all worked out really well!
  
   Oh, maybe I didn't mention that last Friday Cady's ear drum busted! Sooooooo, it has been draining this nasty liquid for 7 days. I called when it happened and the sweet nurse (sarcasm!) told me that it would go away on it's own. So I have been trying not to worry about it. However last night at midnight Cady woke up and told me her ear hurt (Actually she said 'eeeea, mommy, eeeeea", but I knew what she meant!) So we were up 1/2 the night battling that and half of the other half of the night I was up feeding Wyatt. So I DID sleep a little!
   Today (thankfully) Wyatt had his 2 month appointment (which was delayed 2 weeks because he was sick), so I called and got Cady in at the same time. I (as sweetly as I could) explained to the nurse that I would be making an appointment because Cady's ear was still gross and I didn't believe that at this point it was going to clear up on it's own. And so, off we went to see Dr. H where we learned:
 - Wyatt is now 23 1/2 inches long which puts him in the 50th percentile.
 - He also now weighs 13 lbs 10 ounces. He has gained 5 lbs and 12 ounces since his last appointment. That puts him in the 75th percentile for weight
 - all reflexes are good
 - We are behind because evidently I was supposed to start cereal 2 weeks ago! oops!!
 - Cady's ear would never have healed up on it's own. Doc was glad I made the appointment
 - She is now on a $50 antibiotic so hopefully it does $45 better than the $5 antibiotic we were on!

   You know how some kids yell when they get shots and some kids cry? Wyatt is neither of those. He ScReAmS! Now he is running a little fever and his legs are sore. He has been pretty upset most of the afternoon and evening. Cady's ear is still bothering her, but a little pain reliever seems to help some.

   Did I also mention that Jake is in Georgia? Yea, he's been gone all week... :/

The GREAT news that I received today is that...
Dad got to go home!
I can't believe it. The doctor said that he would need to stay in the hospital at least 3 days possibly even 5, but dad was doing SOOOOOO good that the doc didn't see any reason why he needed to stay! Awesome!
I just LOVE when you can see evidence of Christ and His works all over something! GOD IS GOOD!

Now, everyone is sleeping. It may only last for a moment.
After a LONG 3 days, here I am...Just enjoying a quiet moment...

 Look how strong!

The lean...

and the roll!

First bite of cereal. He doesn't look impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment