Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Prayer


Jesus,

   Dad's surgery is tomorrow. I know that I've been talking to you about this for a while now, but I wanted to come to you one more time.
   I pray that you continue to prepare the hearts and hands of the surgeon, the nurses, the anesthesiologist, and everyone else present in that room. Lord I ask that you allow the surgery to go smoothly and quickly. Please allow them to see, and remove all the cancer.
   Jesus, I ask you to be with Dad; That you would remove any anxious thoughts from his mind, that you would allow him a night of restful sleep, that his body would do well during and after the surgery.
   Lord, I lift Mom up to you; that you would help her to get the rest that she needs. Please be her comfort during the surgery and her strength during the recovery period.
   Jesus, please be with Amber and I; there's just something about a parent having surgery that makes us anxious. Please help us rest well tonight, and not worry about tomorrow.
   I know that there are many more things I could and probably should be praying about and for. I know that you know what they are. Thank you Jesus for who you are. It is such a comfort to know that you will be there with all of us tomorrow. Thank you for being our Savior.

It's in your precious name I pray,
Amen


2 comments: