Saturday, April 2, 2011

What a week!

This has been a really busy week.

Mon:  Grocery shopping with 2 children. I know that you are thinking that grocery shopping is a minor task. But, I did it with both of my kids. This is a VERY brave thing to do. Let me explain... When I take both of them to the store with me I know that before we can get finished at least one of them will have a meltdown. I also know that I can't put very many groceries in the cart, because Wyatt's seat won't clip onto to the part of the basket where Cady sits, it has to go down inside the basket. I also go to the store fully aware that even though my list is less that 20 items it will take me every bit of 2 hours. This is because every person there over the age of 60 (there are a LOT of these when I go to the store) is going to stop me, inspect my children, comment on them, and then tell me a story about at least one (but probably all) of their grandchildren. Because of this I make sure to have in my purse a blanket (just in case I have to take a break and feed Wyatt), a Binky, 2 cups of juice, and a snack.

Tues: Wyatt and I ran a few errands around town while Cady was in School. Then we came home where I did some major work on the house. That evening we went out to watch My niece, Rachel play in a Little Dribbler's basketball game. It was hilarious! One of the girls on Rachel's team would steal the ball from her own teammates. There was a lot of... dribbling...



Wednesday: I volunteered at the JBF sale. It was lots of fun and I ended up seeing several people that I knew. It also gave me a chance to preview all the items that people were bringing in. My sweet Momma watched BOTH of my children so that I could go up and help.

Thursday: Shop, shop, shop! That's what Wyatt and I did while Cady was playing with her friends. I was so excited to get the double jogging stroller that I was wanting!














There is just something about knowing that you got a good deal for your money that makes me one VERY happy lady! When Jake got home from work he said I was glowing... hahaha! That night we headed out to my in-laws so that Jake could help his dad clean a goat... Then we grilled up some yummy hamburgers for supper.

Friday: The kiddos and I had lunch with my mom and went to see my grandparents. It was my Granddaddy's 85th Birthday! Then when Jake got home we headed back out to his parents house to celebrate my Father-in-laws Birthday (which was on Tuesday). They cooked the goat and we had lots of yummy sides and cobbler and Tiramisu.

Cadence played, and played, and played!

Wyatt hung around while Daddy and PawPaw cooked.

Grandma is always up for a good laugh!

PawPaw helped Cady gather the eggs from the chick-chicks,

Then they stood at the fence and watched the horse.

Whew...
Today everyone is resting and recovering from a full week. So far my sister and her kids have come for a visit and my parents came over to see us. We'll have to see what the rest of the day brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment