Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Oh the places we will go...

On Thursday evening we headed to Robert Lee to watch my oldest niece play her last Little Dribblers Basketball Game and see my nephew play in his first t-ball game. My niece has come a long way since the first game that I saw her play in and has become a pretty good little defensive player. The t-ball game was HILARIOUS! It was; it was! Just like in the movies, someone would hit the ball and all the players on the field would run after it. If the ball went to right field, here they would all go, tripping each other up on the way, out to right field…all of them except my nephew who sat on 3rd base. Then, there was one little boy Just could not figure out which way to run, so he headed from home plate to the pitchers mound; from first to the pitcher’s mound; and then from 2nd back to home plate. Poor little guy! He did eventually touch all the bases. LOL! It was wonderful; just as every 1st t-ball game should be!




On our way out to RL we noticed that there was a little smoke coming up from behind the hills. By the time my niece's game started at 8 p.m. this is what it looked like


They closed the road back to Anglo so we had to drive to Bronte first. then back to San Angelo. It was pretty scary, and as we have seen the “Wildcat” fire (as they are calling it now) has now burned more than 140,000 acres.


I know that there are many people that are very upset about these fires. I saw that someone had posted on Facebook that “God must not love West Texas like people say He does or else He wouldn’t let these fires happen”. My first reaction to this was anger…lots of anger. After prayer (and lots of it) I just saw an aching heart. Though I am sure that person will never read this, I would like to post my reply here:

- I am sorry that these fires are making you so upset. They ARE affecting many people in many areas. The first thing that I think we all need to realize is that God loves us all the same. It doesn’t matter if you live in West Texas, or are bowing down to a Buddhist idol in a temple in China. God loves us all, and I’m so grateful that he does because I know that I didn’t deserve that love. However he freely gives it and it is up to us to accept that love and begin a relationship with Him and His son, Jesus.

- The second thing I would like to say is that it is so clear how God has kept his hand on this fire. Every time the fire has reached a city limits the winds have changed direction and the fire has gone around it. Since…well a REALLY long time wildfires have been a natural clearing of the land. In a few months time I am sure that we will see beautiful green shining through. I’m just so glad that God has protected so many. I’m not saying that structures have not been damaged. But, as of yet not a single life has been lost in this Wild Cat fire.

We are all praying for rain... and I know that in God's perfect timing it will come.

Saturday we watched the guys work out in Mertzon. It was a pretty day and they got a lot done. Jake and I had a prior commitment for the morning, but did get to take the kids out that afternoon. Here are a few pics of all the things that we did and saw...




Cadence got to have another ride with Uncle Chad. She loved it! I'm so glad that she isn't scared to get on.


Look who else got on a horse. I almost passed out...For someone who HATES riding he sure didn't seem to mind it that day!

Jake and his Dad... It's that such a good picture?!


Isn't that sweet? Hahaha! You can tell that guy has kids...


After seeing other people turn the water on, Cady was convinced that she could figure out how to do it.


After all the "work" was done, we went out with PawPaw to feed the cows. There were a lot of new babies.


Like this one that wasn't but a day or so old. So cute!


This is the baby heifer that PawPaw is having to bottle feed. We are hoping that she makes it.

Of ALL the things on the Ranch, and all the things Cady gets to do, see, and touch; these seem to be her very favorite.

Chick-chicks!

See this little boy?
He is getting stronger every day. He has just recently found himself in the mirror; he loves to visit with whoever that is! Wyatt's hair is starting to fall out. It makes me sad :(
There is still lots of hair on top, but not much on the sides. It makes him look like he is wearing a toupee.

See this little girl?


Isn't she SO cute!
Yes, well, this little girl's ears seem to be broken. She is unable to hear the word "no" or anything like it. She also can not hear her name being called when she knows that she doing something that she isn't supposed to. 
I guess we are getting ever closer to -
"The Terrible Two's"

1 comment:

  1. I started laughing when you said "her ears are broken". We have been telling Kylee "you are not listening to us." Because she just flat out disobeys.....

    Love all your pictures!!

    And sometimes I just open your blog so i can listen to the music!! :)

    ReplyDelete