Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2 of 2


On this day of my pregnancy with Cadence, I was released from the hospital about noon (I was admitted because my Doc was concerned I was dilating so early in my first pregnancy. Then they learned I was having contractions all over the place but couldn't really feel them so they made us stay over night). After being released Jake and I headed to our apartment in NJ where he sweetly helped me finish washing all the clothes for our little miracle we were waiting on. After we finished, we got ready and went to a friends wedding which the doc said was okay to attend. He did give me 3 rules though:
1. Don't over eat
2. Don't drink alcohol
3. Don't dance
He was certain that if I followed those rules that he would see me the next week still pregnant.
During the reception, Patsy Cline's song Crazy came on. So, partially poking fun at some friends of ours, and partly because I wanted to dance at least a little, I said to Jake, "This could be our last dance, just the 2 of us!" So we danced (I mean it's a SLOW song!!!) and about half way through the song my water broke. A few hours later we learned that the little one we had been waiting on was a little girl, our sweet little Cadence.


And here we are...again. I went to the Doctor today where I learned that I am dilated to a 3 (same as with Cady). Doc H. said that she was sure that as long as I take it easy I'd be back in her office next week.
I guess only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment