Monday, December 6, 2010

It's the most WONDERFUL time of the year!

Here are a few pics of the things that have been happening around the Hamilton House:

Sweet Little Girl!


Our tree!!! We are slowly getting decorations on it (who knew just decorating a tree could cost so much???) It may be a little bare this year and then will add each year. 

Wyatt's dresser us underway. Uncle Larry (Jake's side) gave us this dresser when we were visiting his family this Summer. It belonged to Jake's grandfather's grandfather (there could be another grandfather in there somewhere). It's really neat looking, but I was a little worried about us being able to make it look good again. However, my amazing husband (with the help and lots of advice from my MIL) has really pulled it together. There is still a few coats of polyurethane to put on, but it looking really good!

Jake working on the drawers.


Cadence "helping"


Jamie's Surprise 30th Birthday!!! I'm giving her the special Birthday hat!
(Look at that belly! It's amazing you don't realize how big you are until you see it in a picture!)


Cadence wanted to be the first person to wish Aunt Jamie a Happy Birthday. She ran across the room for a hug. It was sooo sweet! She LOVES her Aunt Jamie!

The people

More people

and more people...

A gift from God! Sweet friendships that He has and continues to build.



I LOVE Christmas! It is absolutely, without a doubt my favorite time/day of the year. I love the lights, and the decorations, and buying presents for the people that I love. I love the traditions each family has and how they are all so different. I'm SUPER pumped about Jake and I getting to have our own tree this year...and it's a real one, so every morning when I wake up, my whole house smells like Christmas. I love the food, and the drinks, and all the family get-togethers.
However, of ALL those really awesome things, may very favorite thing about Christmas is Jesus! I know things get really crazy this time of year, especially with all the shopping (which is one BiG reason that I finish all my shopping before Thanksgiving!) but please, please, PLEASE don't forget the real reason for the Season. How awesome is it that there is a whole season dedicated to celebrating the greatest gift EVER given?

2 comments:

  1. Looks like y'all have been having fun!! I love Wyatt's dresser. It is going to look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Christmas! I love your tree!

    ReplyDelete