Monday, July 5, 2010

Amazed

To begin, a story:

On Friday late morning, a lady had been running around like a crazy person cleaning this and picking up that. She vacuumed, mopped, dusted, did the dishes, worked on unloading the dishwasher, and somehow managed to still play with and keep an eye on her little girl. All of a sudden the phone rang. It was her wonderful husband. He was saying that on his side of town it was POURING down rain, and asked if it was raining where the lady was. She told him no that there had only been a few sprinkles. About 5 minutes later, in the midst of her cleaning frenzie, the rain hit and it began to pour. It was so beautiful that the lady gazed out the window and for a moment she was carried away in the rushing of this amazing rain. Suddenly she heard, "tink, tink." What is that? "tink, tink" She walked around the sink/island to see her little girl holding, by the handle, a large chopping knife.

I'm pretty sure at this point a "wordy dird" escaped my lips. Evidently in the middle of unloading the dishwasher I abandoned the job and forgot to close the door. Aaaahhhh! Praise God for Guardian Angels! I am amazed how God takes care of me, and my family!

We really had an amazing weekend. Friday night we got to spend a wonderful evening out on the west side of town with family. We had a wonderful meal and spent some good time visiting! Plus Cady had a blast being spoiled by her Grandma and Pawpaw. Saturday we headed north of town to see my sister and her family. We had a blast eating and playing penny poker. Cady loves playing with her cousins! I am so glad that they are having time to get to know each other and grow up together.


For the 4th we headed out to some friends house for a little while, then had dinner at our house with my sister-in-law and her husband. We had a good time visiting, eating and then watched the fireworks! It was a really beautiful show.

At church, the pastor talked about true freedom coming from Christ, and Him giving us the great privilege of living in this country. During Worship we sang this song called "Amazed". It was the first time I heard it and it really touched me! I hope you enjoy it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2nCP2mz14

2 comments:

  1. On Friday night the police was patrolling your neighborhood to make sure everything was safe and sound hehe

    ReplyDelete