Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Busy Busy

Cady has been so snuggly for the last few days. It's soooo sweet! I hope this phase sticks around for a while. I think it's because her 2 top teeth are working their way in. Her poor little gums are so swollen. She's not upset about it though, which makes her mommy so happy. She is sleeping a little longer during her naptimes now. I hope that sticks around too!
Jake just got moved to a 4 on/4 off schedule at work. It sounds good. Work 4 days, then have 4 days off. It's just that his days are scheduled to be 12&1/2 hours each day. So that means that somehow we are at 14 hour days, an suddenly he is scheduled to work one of his days off. Hmm? I'm not sure I'm going to like this. Oh well, so it is. We're doing what we can to adjust. Maybe it will make time for a few get aways!
I am hungry. I mean like ALL the time. I felt like poop for 10 weeks, and now all I want to do is eat. I've been watching the Food Network some so I've been trying out a lot of new stuff on Jake (poor guy). So far it's all been pretty good, I think. All I can say is, "Bring on the pounds!"
As far as what's been going on, We have been pretty busy! This is Cadence's new favorite thing to do:
She LOVES to look and talk to herself in the mirror. This is very handy when I need to get ready!

This weekend we had a Welcome Back to TX and House Warming Party. The estimate was that somewhere between 80 and 90 people that showed up. WOW! I had no idea we knew that many people in the area. It was really very nice and gave people a chance to see the house if they wanted to.
We also spent some time on the lake. Cady took her first dip in the water. I don't think she liked it very much. I think mostly she didn't like the life jacket. She just sat on the boat like a "bump on a log" for hours! Even when we put her in the water her expression didn't change. Poor baby. She did however LOVE the swimming pool. She played until she wore herself out. It was such a good time, an we had amazing food!
Sunday we visited my parents church. My cousin was giving her testimony during the service that morning and we wanted to be there to support her. While we were there this little girl sang the sweetest song. I, of coarse, boo-hooed. She couldn't have been more that 8 or 9 years old. It's was so good!
Oh, yes and last. I got all my hair chopped off on Monday!
Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment