Wednesday, July 14, 2010

One of those days...

I am really emotional today. Actually it's probably been for the last week or so. I'm sure it's due to all the hormones raging through my body, but everything makes me want to cry. Today I looked at pictures of a new baby girl born to a couple that I grew up with, and I cried. The 'd' key on this keyboard is sticking and that makes me want to cry. Cadence is getting so big, and that makes me cry. I HATE being emotional. I mean I think that emotions are good and I think God put them in us because they are good. But the fact that I want to cry at the drop of a hat makes me nuts! I am 13 weeks now so I'm hoping that soon everything will start to calm down.
While I'm gryping (which I know that I shouldn't be doing, but today is the day), you know something else that upsets me? The fact that some (meaning most) people get a pregnancy glow. I don't get that. I get pregnant and my face suddenly breaks out and I look like I'm 13 all over again. BBBAAAHHH! Oh well, in the end the wonderful gift out weighs all these very petty things I don't like about being pregnant.
I knew that this time I was going to look pregnant sooner, but wow! Sooner is now, I guess. Last time I was showing about 20 weeks. Before that I just kind of looked like I was putting on a few pounds. This time, 13 weeks is here and I look like I did at 20 weeks last time. I wonder what that means I'm going to look like when I'm 38 weeks? An elephant I suppose.
I can't believe that Jake and I have names already. We have a definate boy name and middle name,  and a "probably" girl name but no middle name yet. We are doing SO good! When Cadence was born, we had a list of 5 boy names and still couldn't agree on a single girl name. Then there she was. So this time I told Jake that I think we sould do things totally opposite of the way we did them last time. Last time we didn't find our the sex of the baby and waited until the end to find names and everything we bought was nutral. This time I want to find out if we are having a little boy or girl, find names early and tell everyone what they are, and buy things that are gender specific! We are still debating this. I think I'm gonna win though.
When Cady wakes up from her nap in a little while we are off to do some shopping. Friday night we are having a bunch of people over. Some people are having a party for us to welcome us back to TX and into our new house! It should be fun and I'm sure there will be good food. Everything in Texas is centered around good food. So, Cady and I are off to purchase a few last things for the house and some other goodies. I hope we can find what we are looking for. Wish us luck!

4 comments:

  1. I think if its a girl the middle name should be Kay...just say'n lol JUST KIDDING.

    When shall we get together again? I had a lot of fun with you on our road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all need one of those days to post whatever we feel like!!

    I hope y'all find out what it is!! I just like to know things!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My face broke out really bad when I first got pregnant with Addi, and then again after I had her...It was awful! Pretty sure I never had the pregnancy glow either...I feel your pain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it makes yall feel any better, I'm never going to be pregnant, I'm 27 and my face still breaks out whenever it feels like it.

    ReplyDelete