Friday, June 25, 2010

Stuff and Things

In an attempt to be VeRy sweet to my husband, I mowed the back yard yesterday, with a push mower. Did I mention that our back yard slopes downhill? It was stinkin' hard! Anyhoo, it turns out that mowing may not be a gift of mine. It was a pretty terrible job really, but it is done!


Yesterday evening we went out with an old friend, and a new one. It's really crazy being back here. I really had thought we would move back here and pick up with our old friends where we left off. In reality, it just like moving anywhere else, we are starting over. Everyone we left behind is in a new phase of their life just like we are in a new phase of ours. So, were off on another adventure of friendship making.

Cadence slept all night last night, which was really good because I think I would have died if I had to have another night like that. We all passed out by 10 o'clock and didn't move until Jake's alarm clock buzzed at 6 or so this a.m. It's good to know that I can make it on no sleep, but I would prefer not to have to do it again for a VERY LONG TIME!

Tonight I am going on a date! I am really excited and almost nervous. Is that crazy? Jake and I haven't been on a "just the 2 of us date" since before Cady was born. I think it's probably passed do. It's so wonderful to have family here that will watch her for us so that we can have a little time together. So the plan is to eat and then watch a movie. I'm not going to tell you which one, because later I might be embarrassed that I saw it. I'm learning that happens sometimes. You see a preview and it looks really good or funny or whatever, and then you get there and IF you don't get up and leave before it's over, you find yourself sneaking out of the theater hoping no one you know sees you. I really hope that's not the case tonight. I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment