Monday, June 28, 2010

So overall it was a pretty good, and busy weekend. Friday night Jake and I had a wonderful date night! It was so much fun. We went and ate BBQ at a really good place down the street from our house. I couldn't believe the prices. I think I may still be in shock from being in the "dirty J" (as Jake and I lovingly refer to it). I gasped when a whole basket of hand battered onion rings was only $2.50... "Is this real?" I asked the waitress. She didn't think I was funny ;) With 2 crazy plates of food, onion rings, an extra side of beans and 1 tea, we came out at a little over 20 bucks. I am amazed! After dinner we headed out for a movie. We watched "Grown Ups" and it was ssssssssssssoooooooooooo funny! I would definately recommend it! Jake and I were rolling!
Saturday morning we headed out to work at a garage sale my cousin was putting on. We ended up raising over $300 for CF awareness. I was so glad that we were able to be there!
On Saturday evening Jake and I headed out to a baby shower for some friends of ours. We were able to meet their new little boy for the first time. He was so beautiful! Everytime I see a new little one I am in awe of God's mightyness, creativity, and love. I was afraid to hold him because he was SO little. It is crazy to think that Cady was about 2 lbs smaller than him when she was born! And it all changes so fast.
Sunday was a wonderful day of worship at church. The music was great, and the sermon was amazing! I was so happy to be there. God is good, all the time!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for date nights! I'm glad ya'll enjoyed the movie! Bryan has been wanting to go see that one, so looks like we'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete