Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Oh, POOP!!!

   It is amazing how much more difficult it is to change a little boy's diaper than it is to change a little girl! More things to clean between, beside, under and over, AND on top of that they are quite a bit more sensitive to cool air so you have to be careful or everything in the room will be wet.
   On Tuesday evening I went into Jake and I’s bathroom to change Wyatt’s diaper. We have set up a changing station between our two sinks, and it is stocked with all the necessities to change our little man. So, I plopped him down on the changing pad and began to work. I was very proud of myself for figuring out that if you use a little washrag as a “cover” then it keeps pee from going everywhere. So I plunked the washrag down and started cleaning. Suddenly, I heard a little gurgle and a burp. I looked up for a split second to make sure he wasn’t choking and whom – poop exploded everywhere. It is incredible the amount of pressure that baby’s have in their little bodies! It shot all over the clean diaper that I was attempting to put on, on my hand, up my arm, across the counter and into my sink. WOW! Naturally I gasped, really loud, and Jake naturally thought i had just dropped the baby so he came running in and then just stood there and laughed at me! 
   Now there is one more thing to be terrified of down there…

On the less stinky side:
Do you know what this is???




Yup, that’s right. It’s me wearing jeans that zip and button!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that's hilarious..and really gross at the same time! I hope Jake helped you clean up! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are rockin' those jeans too! You are not supposed to look like that right after having a baby...didn't anyone tell you?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahaha!! I laughed SO hard when I read this because, at about the same age, garner did the same thing! It was literally on the wall six feet away! Gross, but funny once it's all cleaned up!
    Y'all have such a beautiful family! Glad to see things are going well!

    ReplyDelete