Monday, January 31, 2011

Birthday-Shmirthday

For most of last week Jake was gone. Then when he got back he went on a continuous run schedule so he worked from very early morning to late evening all weekend. He has training all week, and then goes back on continuous run at the end of this week…Pretty much, this momma is doing it alone right now. I’m pretty proud of myself for making it work and getting it all done. We even made it to church early yesterday!


As of Friday we have made it to the 3 week marker!

Last Friday, Wyatt went to the doc for his 2 week check up and was back up to his birth weight which was such good news to hear. He did however shrink ½ an inch. I can’t decide if that means that he is less of a cone-head now or if it means someone doesn’t know how to measure…

He is so much different than Cady was. He LOVES to be held, he makes noise ALL the time (mostly squeaks) he is a very feisty eater, he likes his binky but doesn’t love it, AND he already is only waking up once at night to eat. The last one makes this momma a VERY happy lady! I’m pretty sure that at 3 weeks Cady was still eating 2 or 3 times during the night. Wyatt is also very schedule oriented so far. He eats, sleeps, and poops at almost the exact same times every day. Now if only I could be schedule oriented.

Last Monday was my birthday. I have to say that unlike some people, getting older doesn’t bother me. Every year my birthday gets close and I think, “yay! I made it!” The Lord knows that there were times in my life when I wasn’t letting Him be in charge. Now with every year that passes I am just happy that is was another year walking in the Light. The Friday before some of my family got together and we had a wonderful meal and got to spend some good time together. It was really great. Then this past Friday we had another little get together.

My actual Birthday however is a dreaded day. For the last several years is had been a really BAD day. Every year I have hopes of it being the redeeming birthday, but so far it hasn’t happened. I have to say that I am SO thankful for a sweet call from my great friend Danielle. Somehow I missed it, but the message she left was so sweet and really helped me hold it together. Then, my wonderful sister took me to lunch. Thank you SO much Amber!!! So there were definitely bright spots in my day!


Here are a few pics of the happenings in the Hamilton House this week:

For my Birthday Dinner Cady and I had Toquitos. I taught her how to dip them :)

Sweet little boy!

Yum!

My Cutie-patutie!

No comments:

Post a Comment