Wednesday, January 12, 2011

God's Perfect Timing

It turns out that God's perfect timing was Friday, January 7th at 3:39 p.m. Our sweet little Wyatt Reed came into the world weighing 7 pounds 15 ounces and measuring 20.5 inches long.

My contractions started at about 7:30 that morning, but I really couldn’t decide if I was in labor or not. With Cady my water broke, so it was very clear when to go to the hospital, but this time that didn’t happen. At first my contractions were about every 15 minutes so I ran around and finished cleaning the house just in case. I did a load of laundry, dust-moped the floors, changed the sheet on all the beds, did the dishes, took out the trashes, and cleaned the bathrooms. By this time it was 9:30 and my contractions were getting closer together (like maybe 8 and 9 minutes apart).


Suddenly it dawned on me that my doctor said that as soon as I was having contractions for about an hour I needed to go ahead and go in. An hour? What does that mean? Every 15 minutes for an hour or like every 5 minutes for an hour? So I decided that I would call her office and just ask. I mean there was NO WAY I was going to be the lady that shows up at the hospital 12 times in false labor. The receptionist told me that the nurse was in a room with someone, but as soon as she was done she would get her to call me. Of course I thought that she meant the nurse would be calling me back soon. After about an hour I called Jake and told him that there was no hurry, but my contractions were now like 5 minutes apart, so if he could come home from work and get me that would be great. Then I called mom (She was in town already) and asked her if she could come watch Cadence for us.

While I waited for Jake I talked to my Mother-in-Law and let her know what was going on. After 1 hour and 30 minutes the nurse from my docs office called and I told her the whole thing and she said that I should definitely already be headed in…so we did as soon as Jake got home. I felt so bad stressing everyone out.

PLUS, our friend Tom was here visiting us from New Jersey and was staying with us. So Jake and Tom came home. I’m sure watching a lady in labor is not that exciting for a single guy!!! SORRY TOM!

We made it to the hospital at about 11:30 a.m. and Wyatt arrived at 3:39 p.m. He was mashed, wrinkly, and healthy - just the way we wanted him!
 





 After his first bath

Grandmomma, Granddaddy, Grandma, Pawpaw, Aunt Amber, Uncle Trint, and Cousins Rachel, Lane, and Aidyn were all there to visit and hold the new addition to our family.






Cady has decided that she loves her baby, even though she wasn’t sure at first. She gets a little stressed out when he cries, but she asks about him all the time. She really likes to give him hugs and kisses, but her favorite thing is to pet him on top of the head. We do most things together these days, including changing diapers, because we want everyone to know they have a special part in taking care of our little Wyatt.
 


We are just praising God everyday for his abundant blessings here in the Hamilton House. How grateful we are for the way He loves and cares for us!

2 comments:

  1. He is precious! And Cady looks like a little doll...she is beautiful! What a fun time for your family! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete