Monday, November 21, 2011

A Giving of Thanks

I am thankful for our home.
I am thankful for our vehicles.
I am thankful for the food that is on our table, and in our pantry.
I am thankful for Jake’s job and that it allows me to stay at home with our children.

I am thankful for the blessing of Wyatt being added to our family; he is such a sweet little boy and so much like his daddy! I am thankful for his continued development. I am thankful that he is messy, and loud, and stinky – just like a little boy should be.


I am thankful that earlier this year I celebrated 4, soon to be five, wonderful years of marriage to Jake. I am thankful for the fantastic weekend we just had together. I loved that it reminded me of all the reasons that I married him. I am thankful that we still have a GREAT time together and find joy in each other.


I am thankful for Cady and the beautiful, sweet little girl that she is growing to be. I am thankful for the joy of getting to celebrate her 2nd birthday this year! I am thankful that the name of Jesus is one that she already knows.


I am thankful for grandparents and aunts and uncles that help with our children and spend hours visiting with and loving on us. It is SUCH a blessing to have such a wonderful family. It makes me cry with joy when I think about the blessings my children are receiving from each member. I pray that I never lose sight of that.

I am grateful that I decided to take my children into the doctor this morning instead of waiting. What I thought was probably just a little cold, turned out to be something more serious that we were able to start taking care of sooner.

I am thankful for the new friendships that God has granted me with this year. I prayed for them for a long time, and God gave me not only what I asked for, but more. I am thankful that I have people walking beside me in the Lord everyday encouraging me.


I am thankful for the seeking heart that Jesus has put inside me and the desire that He has given me to seek Him. I am so happy that He draws me to Himself. I am thankful that He has given me an open heart and a willingness to learn new things.


I am thankful for the blessing of our new nephew, Krease. I am so happy that he is growing so big so fast. I am thankful that God allowed me to see and be a part of a miracle.

I am thankful that we are headed in to the season of family gatherings and I am thankful to have family to gather with. I am thankful that I only have one more present I need to buy, and then I am finished Christmas shopping. I am thankful that I get a chance to give gifts to others in celebration of the greatest gift ever given.

I am thankful for forgiveness.

I am thankful that I understand that everything above comes from the hand of the Lord, my Savior, Jesus Christ.

2 comments: