Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day by Day

We're taking it day by day here.
We are heading out on our first family vaca this weekend. Jake and I and our littles, along with three other couples, and one other little, are headed out to a quiet, relaxing house in the middle of nowhere. It kind of reminds me of the vacations that my family took when I was little...kind of. I think it will make some good memories.
Cady's Birthday is right around the corner, so we are beginning preparations for that. Next week she starts back to school. I'm a little nervous how potty training will go while she's there. She has been doing such a good job and I just don't want to mess it up! I keep trying to remind myself that there are not very many 5 year olds that aren't potty trained, so I know ONE DAY we will totally get it. 
I'm really excited to have just a little time for me and Wyatt. He is such a sweet little boy! Something that's not so great is that he seems to only like his mommy right now. Daddy is okay sometimes, but usually it's momma. I'm sure one on one time is really going to help that, but that's okay. We'll just have to figure out a way for him to spend a little more time away from his momma, so he knows that he's going to be okay when I'm not there. 
 Aunt Jamie came over and spent the night with us one night last week. It was great fun! Cady was SO excited!
Jamie tried to explain to Cady that Baby Krease was in her belly. Cadence would then point to her own belly and say "Kease!" It has taken about a week, but I think that she finally understands that Baby Krease is ONLY in Aunt Jamie's belly.
Jamie and Chad came over later in the week to have dinner with us. Cady had SUCH a great time doing things with her Uncle Chad... 
like spitting in the grass... 
and riding horses in her room.
(notice Uncle Chad DID NOT get the big horse) 
And this little guy, is still going and going! He is ALL over the place, and has recently discovered Cady's little potty in the bathroom...This is bad, bad, bad! It's not that easy to just close the door when I'm trying to convince Cady to go to the potty as soon as she feel she needs to go. When Cady finds him trying to go into the bathroom she grabs him by the feet and drags him out. It's so funny!

In other news, God has really been blessing our family. Jake did a little engineering side job a few months ago and put the money he made into the savings for a new TV. We were finally able to get one that fits our living room a little better. We were also given another little climber from some neighbors that are moving. It's a little bigger than the last one, so just perfect! God is so good! He has also blessed us with a really great couple that we are now really good friends with. They are strong believers, which makes our friendship even that much more special (Something I have been praying for since we moved here).

In other, other news, my sister is now blogging. You can check it out here: http://whatthepalmer.blogspot.com/ 
I would recommend that you read about "The Crazy Lady" on her profile at the right side of her page before you read her blog... you know just in case! :)

Much love, and I'll talk to you all again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment