Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Dirty Word

James 5:16 says, "Therefore confess your sins one to another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much."
and Matthew 21:22 says if we pray in faith that, "all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive"

Today I am asking you to pray with me for my daddy. For the last few months he has been having some tests run and at the end of January the report came back diagnosing him with prostate cancer. It's such a dirty word. 6 little letters pushed together that make hearts pound and eyes begin to tear...cancer.

I knew from the moment Dad told me the tests had come back positive that God was in control. We can't always understand God's plan, we just have to know that His plan is perfect. I have complete faith that God is going to take care of it! However, God tells us to seek the prayer of other believers to lift us up, so I'm petitioning all of you.

Thank you in advance for the prayers you will be sending up. I know my daddy will appreciate them, and please know that I do too. God hears every word.

1 comment:

  1. oh Nikki. I will most definitely be praying for all of you!! We worship a mighty God that has all this in His control!

    ReplyDelete