Saturday, March 17, 2012

It's 5 a.m.

I'm not really sure why I am awake, but I have been since 3. Jake is sleeping, Wyatt is sleeping, and I'm sure Cady is sleeping too, although she isn't here tonight. I'm awake and not even really tired. I'm sure I will be later today.

On nights like to night (or mornings like this morning I guess) I wonder if God is trying to tell me something. So I lay here and just spend time praying for those people who come across my mind, and I listen. That's something I'm trying to do more of these days; listening. 

 We went to a wedding last night. It was beautiful, I think. I missed most of it because I was outside playing with Wyatt. He decided that it just wasn't the right time of  day for him to want to sit still and be quiet, and he was hungry. I brought pretzels, but he made it very clear that was NOT what he was wanting. So we went to a wedding to go play outside...lovely.

Today marks 5 years that Jake and I have been married. It has been a wonderful and crazy 5 years that have just flown by. We have been so many places and had the opportunity to enjoy so many experiences; God has just been so good to us! 

It makes me so happy that I am still so in love with my husband. I love that we still laugh at (I mean with) each other, and enjoy spending time together. I love that even when we get upset with each other, we love each other enough to listen to their side and talk it out. I love that our relationship with the Lord is so important to each of us, and that our children will grow up knowing that a marriage built in the Lord is the only way to have it.

 We have a really great day planned in celebration of our 5 years. I'll have to tell you about it after I make sure it all goes as planned.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Don't forget to wear green!

No comments:

Post a Comment