Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Our last few weeks...

In mostly pictures.

This is my child. Even if she didn't look almost exactly like me, her love of coffee at such a early age would prove it!


When Cady was born I asked Jake when he thought we should get her ears done and he said that he didn't think that we should take her until she asked. I thought that was probably a pretty good "rule". You may not know, but Cady is a girly-girl; she loves all things pretty, and at about 20 months she started really noticing the earrings people were wearing. Shortly after that she started asking if she could have earrings. I'm pretty sure that when Jake made the "rule" he thought she wouldn't even think about asking until she was 5 or so, and then he would be able to talk to her about it. Well, anyway, so she asked and asked and ask. Her sweet Grandma got Cady some clip-on earrings, and some sticker earrings, and a cousin sent us a bag of more clip-on earrings, but it never quite was enough. She continued to ask so I finally told Jake I thought we should do it for part of her Christmas. So the week before Thanksgiving, my sister and I took both of the little girls to get their ears pierced.
On the way to the store, I told Cady what we were doing and she was so excited! I also told her that it was going to hurt (I believe in honesty), and then she would have pretty earrings.


Amber had to hold her because my palms got all sweaty, and I was a little nauseous...and I had to take pictures. There was only one lady there to do it, so they did one side at a time. Not ideal, but Cady just sat there; no tears or anything. Here she is immediately after checking them out.




Then it was AA's turn. She was immediately suspicious...



At least 3 of us were happy. :)




Isn't my little girl just so beautiful. I think she gets prettier by the day.



This picture is sideways, and Cady has crazy hair, but isn't her Turkey shirt cute? I made it. I found it on Pinterest (I'm loving this!).



I made Wyatt a Turkey shirt too, but I thought ribbon might be a little to girly for him :)



Wyatt got another haircut (his 4th already!!!). Thankfully Grandma is handy with the scissors, otherwise we would spend a fortune!!!



We celebrated Jamie's Birthday. It was a good one, I'm pretty sure she might even say the best ever. Look at that sweet little guy. He's a pretty awesome early gift!




We played in the snow... I realize there was so little of it that you can't even tell it's there, but we played in it by-golly!


Cady tried to catch some on her tongue.


Wyatt has figured out the rocking horse, and he LOVES it! Sometimes getting him off causes some issues...with his attitude!


Here he is doing the moves to "The Itsy Bitsy Spider". The "rain" is coming down. I really like it when he "washes" the spider out.

Cady has started cracking me up with her new morning routine. She comes in and lays on my bed and asks for a cup of milk. Then she chugs the whole thing with her eyes closed. After that first cup, she's ready to talk, or snuggle, or whatever. Makes me laugh every morning.

We bought and decorated our tree. It's still a little bare in this pic, but I have since put more on it. There are a LOT of gifts under it (Other than one gift I had to wait on someone else to get, I finished my Christmas shopping early as usual this year!). All but 4 of them go to someone else's house... I have 2 more gifts to wrap (I'm sure I'll help a few other people out along the way, like my momma who I helped yesterday) and then I'll have it all wrapped up. :)


On Grandma and PawPaw's last visit, they played a rendition of "Carol of the Bells" on the xylophone/keyboard toy below. It was so funny, and also amazing! What talent!!!



Hope everyone is having a wonderful time getting ready for Christmas. We sure have been having a good time!

1 comment:

  1. Amber and AA have the same look on their faces. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete